The Ottawa Girls Hockey Association will hold its Annual Meeting on Thursday, May 30th at 7 pm in the Ellwood Hall at the Jim Durrell Recreation Centre (1265 Walkley Rd).
There will be two openings on the Board for the 2019/20 season.
At the meeting, the membership will elect two OGHA Members to serve for a term of two years as Directors on the association’s Board of Directors.
OGHA Board of Directors Election Process:
1. Any OGHA member in good standing can be nominated. The candidate must be nominated by an OGHA member, and seconded by another OGHA member. The nominee must indicate their consent to the nomination.
2. Please send nominations to the AGM meeting chair, James Wojtyk at firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 pm Thursday, May 23rd.
3. The AGM meeting chair, James Wojtyk, will post the nominee names to the OGHA website within 72 hours of receipt. Current nominations can be found below:
- Kelly Arcangeletti-Ryan
4. If insufficient nominations are received to fill the vacant positions by 7pm Thursday May 23rd, nominations will be accepted from the floor during the Annual General Meeting.
5. Two Directors will be elected at the AGM to serve for a term of 2 years. The vote will be by show of hands unless a vote by ballot is requested.
6. Each member is entitled to vote (one per family). Members who cannot attend may complete a “proxy form” to allow another member to vote on their behalf. No member can bring more than 5 proxies. A proxy form can be requested from James Wojtyk at email@example.com.
7. The two eligible board positions are the following: Treasurer and Registrar.
Hello OGHA members,
Registration is now open for the OGHA’s 2019/20 hockey season! Please log in to your family account on the OGHA website to register. For assistance with the registration process, please consult our “How to register a player in the OGHA” instruction sheet or contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have registered with the OGHA in any season since 2014/15, you need not create a new family account. Please use your previous login information (Email ID & password). If you have forgotten your login information, please contact us.
For more information on registration fees, tryout fees, deadlines for payment of fees and our refund policy, please consult the Registration page on the website.
For players interested in our competitive stream of hockey, please be advised that spring tryouts for the AA, A and B teams are scheduled for mid-April (OWHA will not permit any earlier start). Participants must register for the tryouts and pay the tryout fee prior to stepping on the ice.
Tryouts for the remaining competitive teams will take place during the week after Labour day weekend followed by House League sort-outs that begin on Saturday September 7.
Thank you in advance for registering early. Doing so helps us to determine how many teams to plan for and how much ice time to buy for the upcoming season. Your membership in the OGHA is very much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
The first 50 registrants will get an OGHA Swag bag.
Yours in Girls Hockey
President, Ottawa Girls Hockey Association