To all interested players, below you will find the dates, times and locations for the remaining tryouts for the upcoming 2018/2019 season.
Aug 27th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 28th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 30th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 13th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 14th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 15th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 16th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 20th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 21th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 23rd – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 13th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 14th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 16th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 17th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 20th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 22th – 6:00-7:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 24th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 13th – 8:00-9:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 14th – 8:00-9:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 17th – 8:00-9:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 20th – 8:00-9:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 22th – 7:00-8:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 24th – 8:00-9:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 13th – 9:00-10:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 14th – 9:00-10:00pm Brian Kilrea
Aug 17th – 9:00-10:00pm Brian Kilrea
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ALL PLAYERS - You need to REGISTER and PAY the competitive tryout fee before your daughter(s) can participate in the tryouts. To register and pay the fee, please click the OUR PROGRAMS banner on the OGHA website, and then click on the COMPETITIVE banner for information and instructions. Or you can click directly on REGISTRATION.
RELEASE AND PERMISSION TO SKATE - If you are coming from another association, you will need either a release or a Permission to Skate before you are allowed to participate in the tryouts.
The Ottawa Girls Hockey Association will hold its Annual Meeting on Thursday, May 24th at 7 pm in the Ellwood Hall at the Jim Durrell Recreation Centre (1265 Walkley Rd).
There will be three openings on the Board for the 2018/19 season.
At the meeting, the membership will elect three OGHA Members to serve for a term of two years as Directors on the association’s Board of Directors.
OGHA Board of Directors Election Process:
1. Any OGHA member in good standing can be nominated. The candidate must be nominated by an OGHA member, and seconded by another OGHA member. The nominee must indicate their consent to the nomination.
2. Please send nominations to the AGM meeting chair, Martin Launiere at email@example.com before 7 pm Thursday, May 17th.
3. The AGM meeting chair, Martin Launiere, will post the nominee names to the OGHA website within 72 hours of receipt. Curent nominations can be found below:
- Dean Westmann
- Marc Lugert
- Kevin McNeil
- James Wojtyk
- Mark Harris
4. If insufficient nominations are received to fill the vacant positions by 7pm Thursday May 17th, nominations will be accepted from the floor during the Annual General Meeting.
5. Three Directors will be elected at the AGM to serve for a term of 2 years. The vote will be by show of hands unless a vote by ballot is requested.
6. Each member is entitled to vote (one per family). Members who cannot attend may complete a “proxy form” to allow another member to vote on their behalf. No member can bring more than 5 proxies. A proxy form can be requested from Martin Launiere at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. The three eligible board positions are the following: President, Vice-President-Operations, Vice President - MArketing & Development.
The Ottawa Lady 67’s are currently looking for two (2) Assistant Coaches to help coach their 2018-19 Bantam AA girls hockey team. This position will assist with the operations of the team including games, practices, tournaments, etc. This is a volunteer coaching position and ideally suited for someone interested in getting involved with women’s hockey at a coaching level.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Former playing experience at the NCAA or CIS level of women’s hockey. A former scholarship recipient at either a NCAA D1/D3 school of CIS university would be ideal.
NCCP coaching certification or High Performance Level 1, or working towards is preferred. If a person with playing experience described above but does not have a coaching certification and would be willing to enroll, that would be fine.
Possible previous coaching experience at an elite level of women's hockey would be a very strong asset.
Enthusiasm and commitment to women’s hockey
Strong verbal communication skills
Ability to inspire and motivate others
Proficient in analysing the sport and developing player skills
Player development focused
If you are interested in giving back as a coach based on your previous playing experiences, please contact Dean Westman at email@example.com or phone 613-863-9226 to discuss why you would be ideally suited for a volunteer role of this nature.
The OGHA is accepting applications for coaches at the competitive levels for the following categories:
Bantam B and C
Peewee B and C
Atom A and C
If you would like to apply for a coaching position, please complete the application found here. Please submit your application by email to Fred Barzyk at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 4, 2018.
Coaches will be selected based on experience, capabilities and personal suitability. A three member panel will review all applications and interviews may be given if needed. Coaches will be named in early June.
Depending on the registration numbers, other categories may be added or some removed.
The OGHA would like to thank the following volunteers for stepping up and making a difference:
1. Equipment – Peter Bruton
2. Marketing – Rob May
Way to go you two - your help is greatly appreciated!
Fred Barzyk, OGHA President
The OGHA congratulates the following champions and finalists of the 2018 Championship Day!
Midget House #2
GREAT WORK GIRLS!!!!!!!!